Monday, June 14, 2010

Benicia Baby Shower

       I can very thankfully and gladly say that we are MUCH more prepared for baby now. Apparently it takes 3 baby showers and several trips to Target and Babies R' Us to arrive here, and I'm feeling better about things. Which is a relief, seeing as we're a mere 5 weeks away from D-Day. While we work on finding a place for everything in the nursery I thought I would share some photos of my shower from this past weekend.
       In keeping with our bike themed nursery, the shower was all about red bikes. And great food. And amazing decor. And good family and friends. 
       My sister really outdid herself on the shower. 
I think the photos say it all...

A beautiful little spot for lunch.


Complete with "Motherhood is a Sweet Ride" bunting! 
(Get it people "ride"...bike themed...she is just too crafty.) 
Decor, Decor, Decor.




Including a baby clothesline, with lots of awesome things 
for us to take home with us. 

Motorcycle shoes-ies. What will they think of next?


We were spoiled with gifts from so many great people. 


My sis was a living-breathing baking factory before the shower. 
 And yes, they all tasted as good as they look. 
Including red bicycle sugar cookies.
Jon's all-time favorite.
Sugar dusted lemon bars.
Thigh buster chocolate brownies.
My favorite, Chocolate Caramel Oat Bars
And some juicy little licorice nibbles

Everyone was given a great little treat box 
to pack up some sugar for the road. 
And they happily obliged. 
Here's me with my amazing (and amazingly tanned) new-mom cousin.
We all got to meet her new little guy
 who was celebrating his 1 month birthday, Benjamin John.
      
       At the end of the day I was pooped. But very thankful. Our neat little nursery is now burried with things that I'm just dying to put away. Its almost time to place your bets my friends, on when you think this little gem is going to arrive...

1 comment:

  1. I will vote that Little Milam arrives sometime in 2010

    ReplyDelete