Sunday, April 11, 2010

Project Nursery: Placemat Magic

      Sewing Task #2: Whipping some Target placemats into some pillows. 

       While I was at Target a few weeks ago, I was browsing the home goods area, oogling over some pillows and such. I came across some placemats that had a pattern on them that I liked and thought would fit great in the nursery. The placemats were only $2.99 each so I decided to pick up two and transform them into pillows. 
       I had two old pillows lying around that I had, of course, adopted from my mom when she didn't need them anymore. They were some pretty ugly creatures but I figured I might be able to put them to use. 
  Here's one of the creatures as I was removing its insides. 
       After slitting the placemats and filling them with the stuffing, I just needed to sew up the 4th side. After just six dollars, and some change I had 2 new pillows for baby Milam's room. 
       A good rule of thumb with my sewing projects is to never look too closely at the seams. They always look pretty good from a distance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment