Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Project Nursery: The Frame Game

       Timing can be everything. Just as we were working on projects around the house, my parents were working on downsizing their things. Recently, this came in the form of lots of picture frames that they were looking to donate to goodwill. Luckily, I got my hands on them before they made it to the donation bin. Out of 3 grocery bags of frames, I picked thru them to see what I could use.
Here's a collection of the ones I chose to work with.



A few of them came complete with some artwork. 

I knew I wanted to take advantage of these free frames and put them to use in the nursery. I picked up some yellow Ralph Lauren paint at the hardware store and got to work. 
Here's frame number 1 after 2 coats of yellow paint. 


Here are the frames after making it up on the wall. 


Next up, finding the last few prints I need to fill them. 


       

No comments:

Post a Comment