Friday, May 16, 2014

A Girl Crush

Have you guys caught the new HGTV series Fixer Upper? I'm kind of crushing over the makeovers, and the designer-builder couple that it features, Chip & Joanna Gaines.

Part of my crush could be due to the fact that this couple is gorgeous! I mean, come on.
Oh, and they are running a thriving business, hosting their own show, and raising up four beautiful children. I mean, really. They're making the rest of us look bad.

And don't even get me started on her wardrobe. It's killer. The girls got boots for days.
 
While I've watched countless hours of HGTV in my life, this show really resonates with me because I'm attracted to the style of homes that they put together.
 
You can find planked walls, or shiplap, in many of her designs.
And all of their work is very casual and approachable.
Not overly styled, and nothing is too precious. It's all very liveable.
I'm attracted to colors similar to what Joanna laces a lot of her work with.
Earthy neutrals, with lots of gray and blue tones.


 
She regularly layers different woods, metals, and textures together.
 
 
 
The exterior work that they do is breathtaking.
So if you haven't checked out their show, do so. I'm really hoping it sticks around! Joanna has a blog that I'm quickly becoming a fan of, and I'm pretty sure I'll be awaiting all of her design inspired instagram feeds.
 
Happy Weekend to you!
 
*** Photos courtesy of Pinterest, HGTV, and their site Magnoliahomes.net

No comments:

Post a Comment