Monday, November 15, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake!

       Whew. We're back from a busy weekend. On Friday we headed down to the bay to celebrate Roxy's 1st Birthday. We also fit in a trip to Target (where we dropped some bucks), had some Starbucks (a rare treat for us), and even had some In N' Out. I think it was the first time I had had fast food in about 5 years. And I'd say it was worth each drop of burger goodness. So, where oh where to begin. I guess I'll start here...
My sister went all out for the party.
{no surprise there}



Oh, and there was cake and cookies.
Lots of cookies and cake.
Homemade.
These are giraffes, in case you're wondering.
The yellow and pink variety.
My teeth hurt a bit just looking at all this sugar. 


Roxy enjoyed her first cake. 



We partied down.
And there were some baby kisses. 
'



Blue entertained Nolan and the cousins to no end.
And we very ambitiously tried to get a photo of the cousins. 
(Note: Only 50% of the cousins were there, 
but everyone will be in tow at Thanksgiving).
This proved to be a big order.
I don't think these shots will be the cover of any Christmas cards anytime soon.


       Every time Heather throws a party, 
we go home with a box full of baked goods. 
Not good for this ole' mom body. 
Not good at all. 
We hated to leave the 70 degree temps in the bay. 
And were not pleased when we pulled up to our house 
and the thermastat read 42 degrees outside. 
       I CANNOT believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner. As in, LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY. We're having friends over this Sunday for our 4th Annual Tahoe Thanksgiving, so we've got a little work to do this week. In other exciting Milam news, we're begrudgingly adjusting to the cold weather that has arrived, we took a look at a new camera (possibly a much needed Christmas gift to ourselves!), and we're just trying to keep up with all the growing that Nolan is doing. 

Love from Tahoe!

2 comments:

  1. What a party! Ms. Roxy is all grown up! I LOVE the month+picture clothesline thing, great idea. Blue looks like he has found his groove again, go Blue! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love seeing pictures of your little family. what a sweet sweet boy you have.... and those curls, oh my! - Becca Loomer

    ReplyDelete