Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The 2011 Halfway Mark

       We're more then halfway through 2011 (I know, totally nuts!) so I thought we would check in on our 2011 goals list. How are you doing on your 2011 goals? I outlined ours here. I've checked in our list a few times in the past 7 months because I like to keep us in check on whether we're accomplishing what we set out to. So let's check in on ours, shall we?

1.  Purchase Megan an adult car
We're not there yet, and this has become less of a priority.
My car certainly still needs to be replaced, 
but other things seem more important to us
(paramedic school, paying off debt, etc.)
For the time being we're okay with getting
by with my car as long as it lasts.

2. Pay off Jon's truck
We're closer to this goal then we were back in January. 
Some months we do better than others,
but we're still very focused on accomplishing this
one way or another by the end of December.

3. Move ourselves to the big city: Truckee
Yet again, another one that's in the works. 
We had looked at a place and the landlord really
liked us, but we didn't think the price was worth the place.
So we passed. 
We check new rental listings everyday, 
but the pickings are slim.
We're also so comfortable in our current rental,
and we hate the idea of moving into yet ANOTHER rental
so we'll see what happens.

4. Get Nolan settled into a new daycare
The care that Nolan is getting at his daycare
is great. He loves it there. 
The kids love him
(they cheer when he arrives, and like to shower
him with hugs and toys). 
We're happy to have him there, 
and I'd be sad to have him move on. 
So this one again, isn't as important as I originally thought.

5. Career adjustments
This is the hardest of them all. 
Apparently the economy is in a slump or something
and jobs are hard to come by?
I read something about that. 
Jon continues to work tirelessly 
on his fire career 
(I can't even believe how dedicated he is to it),
and we'll keep plugging away until we get there.

6. Take a little risk
I've got ideas swirling. 
No news to share yet. 

And here's the rundown on some smaller things 
we have our minds set on this year:

1. Running the Reno & SF Half Marathons.
Nope. Not even close.
I've only gotten out for a handful of runs
since Nolan was born. I'm still hopeful, 
but not holding my breath.

2. Get started with Paramedic School.
It's in the works. 
We're praying that Jon gets in, 
and then it's a matter (a BIG matter)
of making it work with our already busy schedules.

3. Get our new toys up and running. 
Both are all revved up. 
We just need to get them registered now...
And hire a babysitter so that we can take
them out together...

4. Continue to save, save, save.
This we do. It's exhausting. 
I would love to go on a shopping spree. 
I dream about it. 
But instead, we save, save, save.
Every month.

5. Learn how to use this beautiful new camera of ours.
We get a C on this one. 
We've been practicing here and there,
but we have lots more to read about
and learn on.

6. Enjoy where we live just a little bit more.
We try to enjoy every free minute that we have, 
but maybe we'll do even better the second half of the year.

7. Keep the blog alive.
It's alive! 
It suffered a bit with balancing baby, work & life, 
but it's still here. 
Hip, hip, hooray.

I hope you're doing well with your resolutions!
We'll see what the rest of the year brings.

1 comment:

  1. Meg and Jon, keep juggling! You're making it happen and raising quite the boy in the process.

    ReplyDelete