Tuesday, April 16, 2013

To Healdsburg and Beyond!

       After the Easter festivities wrapped up with my family, Jon and I packed the kids back up and headed about an hour northwest to the town of Healdsburg. We wanted sunshine. We wanted warmth. We wanted to relax. Our drive there was uneventful (the best kind)  and when we arrived we were greeted by towering redwood trees and a charming little riverfront house.
The view from the hot tub.
Did I mention there was a hot tub?
Whenever the kids were sleeping, you could find us there.
The river views from the back deck weren't too shabby either.

Just down from our deck, 
a dirt trail led to this rocky beach.
Buzz is an absolute nature boy and is at his best outside.
He loved the river, the rocks, and the sticks.

Feet in the river, shoes and all.
His dog brother was never too far behind.
On Monday I attempted to get the whole family dressed 
and packed up to go downtown.
Healdsburg is part of Northern California's wine country, 
and it's jammed packed with boutiques and restaurants.
Packing the family up quickly became exhausting and Jon made me realize something. 
We were vacation.
How much would I really enjoy walking around a cute town
with a toddler and newborn in tow?
I realized he was right (which is rare, mind you).
So we never walked around the cute town. 
We didn't shop in their shops. 
We didn't dine out. 
We just r-e-l-a-x-e-d

Buzz looked like this a lot.
The boys skipped a lot of rocks. 


Me and Q did a lot of this.
And this.
We took advantage of the quiet road and fit in a few walks.
One evening we picked up some filets and oysters and threw them on the BBQ.
Yummo.
 Come to daddy.
Blue did lots of porch sit'n.
Buzz explored.
We sat on the porch and drank coffee 
(or champagne, depending on the time of day).
I didn't do my hair.
On our last night, one of my best friends from high school 
came for dinner with her hubs and new daughter.
Louella is 4 days younger than Quincy. 
Four days!
They brought fresh crab and we feasted.
Side by side cuties.
I wish we were still there, 
but we'll be back. 
It even got us thinking that someday, way down the line, 
we'd like to buy a small vacation cottage.

I'll be back in a couple of days with something new to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment